Are you manufacturing in Somerset?
An inaugural meeting in October 2018 kick-started a vibrant network of like-minded Somerset manufacturers, meeting to collaborate and share best practices with their peers.
A source of knowledge and ideas to drive the growth of your business, Somerset Manufacturers Group (SMG) unites manufacturers in the county to address shared challenges for collective advantage. Through the pursuit of a shared vision, SMG can facilitate the delivery of real solutions for business growth, and provide a single voice at regional and national levels.
The Group aims to:
- Connect Somerset manufacturers
- Represent the needs and concerns of Somerset manufacturers by providing a conduit for regional and national influence and joining with neighbouring counties to add Somerset’s voice to regional issues
- Create a supportive environment to deliver solutions for real businesses and using collective knowledge to address shared interests and problems
Participate in SMG and access:
- A network for information, knowledge and opinion sharing
- Peer to peer networking and support
- Best practice and business improvement knowledge
- Purposeful factory and site visits
- Funding and support solutions
- Better understanding of your own capacity and capabilities
- Opportunities for collective buying and negotiating power
- Direct representation to organisations such as the SW Peninsula Manufacturers’ Network, LEP, and others
Somerset Manufacturers Group events have included behind the scenes tours at a diverse range of manufacturers including Numatic International, TMB Patterns, and Coates English Willow; roundtables and workshops on themes such as managing poor performance, skills gaps and apprenticeships; and a focus on facilitating collaboration between members for the purposes of both operational and commercial benefit.
ABOUT SOMERSET MANUFACTURERS GROUP MEMBERSHIP
There is no obligation to become a 'Member' of the Somerset Manufacturers Group, and there is also no membership fee. Meetings and events are free to attend.
Somerset Manufacturers Group meetings and events are held every six weeks (with a break over summer) and are open to all manufacturers with a base in Somerset.
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING FUTURE SMG EVENTS?
Sign up here to be amongst the first to receive notifications of forthcoming meetings when details are released.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED, BUT NOT A MANUFACTURER?
Get in touch to register your interest and find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN US ON LINKEDIN
Click here to continue the conversations in the Somerset Manufacturers Group on LinkedIn.
01278 767 010