Are you manufacturing in Somerset?
An inaugural meeting in October 2018 kick-started a vibrant network of like-minded Somerset manufacturers, meeting to collaborate and share best practices with their peers.
A source of knowledge and ideas to drive the growth of your business, Somerset Manufacturers Group (SMG) unites manufacturers in the county to address shared challenges for collective advantage. Through pursuit of a shared vision, SMG can facilitate the delivery of real solutions for business growth, and provide a single voice at regional and national levels.
The Group aims to:
- Connect Somerset manufacturers
- Represent the needs and concerns of Somerset manufacturers by providing a conduit for regional and national influence and joining with neighbouring counties to add Somerset’s voice to regional issues
- Create a supportive environment to deliver solutions for real businesses and using collective knowledge to address shared interests and problems
Participate in SMG and access:
- A network for information, knowledge and opinion sharing
- Peer to peer networking and support
- Best practice and business improvement knowledge
- Purposeful factory and site visits
- Funding and support solutions
- Better understanding of your own capacity and capabilities
- Opportunities for collective buying and negotiating power
- Direct representation to organisations such as the SW Peninsula Manufacturers’ Network, LEP, and others
Somerset Manufacturers Group events have included behind the scenes tours at a diverse range of manufacturers including Numatic International, TMB Patterns, and Coates English Willow; roundtables and workshops on themes such as managing poor performance, skills gaps and apprenticeships; and a focus on facilitating collaboration between members for the purposes of both operational and commercial benefit.
ABOUT SOMERSET MANUFACTURERS GROUP MEMBERSHIP
There is no obligation to become a 'Member' of the Somerset Manufacturers Group, and there is also no membership fee. Meetings and events are free to attend.
INTERESTED IN COMING TO OUR NEXT EVENT?
Somerset Manufacturers Group meetings and events are held every six weeks (with a break over summer), and are open to all manufacturers with a base in Somerset. The programme for 2020 can be seen below.
Click the date for more information about the associated event:
- Tuesday 28th January: Taunton Fabrications site visit & challenge
- Thursday 12th March: Manufacturing Clean Growth Challenge
- Tuesday 19th May
- Thursday 2nd July
- Tuesday 22nd September
- Thursday 5th November
- Tuesday 8th December
Where details about the event are not yet available, email email@example.com to register your interest in attending SMG events. You will be amongst the first to receive notifications of forthcoming meetings when details are released.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED, BUT NOT A MANUFACTURER?
Get in touch to register your interest and find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN US ON LINKEDIN
01278 767 010