At SWMAS we design and deliver programmes of support that enable ambitious businesses to increase their productivity, improve operational efficiency, develop skills and reach their growth potential.
We work directly with manufacturers, on the shop floor delivering improvement programmes and at board level developing and refining strategy. We provide consultancy services, run public funded programmes, deal with complex funding arrangements and support businesses to leverage UK and European funding for growth and innovation.
Our work is supported by a team of specialists, many are recognised experts in their fields and all are experienced and passionate about the services we provide and the difference we make.
We have expertise in both manufacturing and business support programme design and implementation.
- Operational excellence: Lean, VSM, Continuous improvement, 5S, 6 Sigma, layout and space utilisation
Training: Leadership and management, project management, lean
Strategy: Growth and marketing, business strategy, supply chains, low carbon and sector standards
Supply Chains: Reshoring to the UK, managing existing supply chains, entering new supply chains, make vs buy, MRP and scheduling management
Innovation: Idea generation, Lean Start Up, Intellectual Property, DFMA, prototyping, R&D funding and support, collaboration
Programme design and delivery
- Intelligence: we provide in depth sector intelligence from our manufacturing survey (the UK's largest) and 1200 annual business reviews, giving real world intelligence that supports decision makers with policy and funding decisions
- Design: bespoke programmes of support, tailored to specific market needs and funder requirements. National, regional, local and sector specific programmes that utilise a variety of funding streams to delivering a broad range of outputs
- Funding: contract directly with Tier 1s and government for Regional Growth Funds and European Regional Development Funds. Dedicated ERDF and grant team, comprehensive and fully auditable processes capable of managing mixed funding models
- Delivery: expert delivery over 12 years with a 100% track record of delivering business support programmes and contracts. We utilise our existing relationships with industry and our established team of business growth experts to ensure rapid deployment of new services
Find out more about our ...
SWMAS helped us realise our business goal of bringing our GaugePilot product to market, in a way that puts us on a foundation to support cost effective manufacture going forward.
We underestimated the volume of different tasks that needed to be completed and the support from SWMAS, through the grant application and execution process has been first class.
Most of all, having someone who has been there and done it to draw on their experience has been vital. The support has also allowed us to fulfil our company ethos to manufacture in the UK and where possible to use local suppliers, thus reducing our carbon footprint and supporting local enterprise. Without the support of SWMAS we would have had to go to China for tooling. We are
‘Proud to be Brilliantly British'. Thank you to the team for making this vision possible.
Nigel Cousins, Director, Hambly Industries
The advice and help from SWMAS over the last few years has been invaluable. In particular the assistance we received with our product development programme, which has given us the confidence to forge ahead with four new products.
Jim Hosford, Director, Rotorflush